The Pittsburgh TasteBuds host wine exchanges throughout the year at select BYOB restaurants in the Pittsburgh area. They are a fun, creative way to meet new people, try new restaurants and go home with a surprise wine. Typically they are coordinated on Facebook and RSVPs ticket purchases are required for a headcount. They are open for anyone to attend. Contact us via Facebook for details and to RSVP.
- Bring 1 bottle of wine in a wine bag or wrapped to be exchanged.
- Bring 1 bottle of wine to have with your meal.
- Follow the “theme” of the night. Each party has a theme – maybe a wardrobe color or accessory. Participate and you may get a special group giveaway.
- Please drink responsibly.
- Diem Del Sol – July 2012
Hosted at Solstice Restaurant in Greensburg
- Speaking Easy – June 2012
Hosted at James Street Gastropub & Speakeasy in Northside
- Spring Fling – April 2012
Hosted at Piccolo Forno in Lawrenceville
- February 2012 “Dancing Goats” – February 2012
Hosted at Abay Restaurant, East Liberty
- 3rd Annual Holiday Wine Exchange “For The Kids” – December 2011
Benefit dinner for Toys for Tots. Cornerstone in Aspinwall, PA
- Toast to the Greek God of Wine, Dionysos – October 2011
Hosted at Mediterrano in Millvale
- Mad Funny Wine Exchange – August 2012
Hosted at Bite Bistro in Avalon/Bellevue
- “Italian Retreat” – June 2011
Hosted by Mia Madre Trattoria in Avalon
- “Black and White” Kaleidoscope – April 2011
Hosted by Chef Dan Robinson: Kaleidoscope Cafe in Lawrenceville
- “With Love” – Feburary 2011
Hosted at Nicky’s Thai Kitchen in the Northside
For The Kids – Holiday Wine Exchange
Benefit dinner for Toys for Tots. Sausalido in Bloomfield, Pittsburgh’s Little Italy.
Fall Wine Exchange – October 2010
Cornerstone Restaurant & Bar, Aspinwall, PA
Summer Luau – August 2010
Hosted at the Tastebud’s private residence.
Pre-Fourth Party – June 2010
Hosted at Bistro Soul in the Northside.
Cinco De Mayo – May 2010
Hosted at the Fajita Grill in Shadyside.
- Mardi Gras – Feburary 2010
Hosted at River Moon Cafe, the chef/owner worked with us to create a custom Cajun/Creole fixe-prix menu inspired by the French Quarter. We gave beads to everyone in attendance. The experience even featured a one of a kind live-music performance! Thank you Josephine!
- Holiday Wine Exchange – December 2009
Abay Restaurant was generous to give our entire group a fixe-price menu which included their combination platter. Happy Holidays – all corkage fees were on us! We celebrated great holiday cheer and exposed 16 new people to Ethiopian food. Thank you Jamie!